Looking back..


I've been discovering the benefits of practicing meditation...most especially visual meditation.
Along with this my daughter is taking some massage therapy courses which involve some fairly graphic textbooks detailing the bodys anatomy.
Her precocious 4 year old...[and aren't they all?]..has been fascinated and listens with great interest when my daughter talks about the things she's learned in class. I'm certain she's doctor material.

I knew she'd been sitting in while my daughter practiced her own meditation techniques so I asked my grand-daughter to do some yoga with me.
With great seriousness,she positioned herself in the classic Indian seated yoga pose, carefully placed her little fingers in an 0 position and looking at me with complete composure began to intone...with a slight lisp, since 'r's are a little difficult at that age;


"Bweathe in....bweathe out....bweathe in...bweathe out..."

I'm trying very hard to keep my face straight as she hesitated to think for a minute, then obviously recalling some of her moms insights, she solemnly continued,

"your bones are gwowing....your body is healthy...
bweathe in...bweathe out..."

You couldn't ask for a more perfect meditation mantra.



*I like the idea of 'looking back' every so often. This post was first published in November of 2007 when my grandbaby was 4..she is 7 now and continues to shine like the brilliant little star that she is~*

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Keep breathing", exactly what I needed to remember today. Thank you Deborah for sharing your little birdies infinite wisdom♥.
windycindy said…
Hello Deb, You said to leave a comment if we sent a vote your way! I just did! It would be great to win the wee snowboy because I have two sons! Take care and thanks, Cindi
jchoppes@hotmail.com
Deborah Lambson said…
Hey Cindi..your name is in the bucket! :0)
Anonymous said…
Aww mom... I was reading this and realized that my beautiful daughter is genius!! Of course...lol, but sometimes my life is swirling by so fast that I dont get to see how wonderful sweet Mackenzie is ...this story is priceless to me, and she will never know how truely blessed she is to have such an amazing Nana that saw the beauty in her.....Thank You

Popular posts from this blog

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!