Resolving and setting goals and all that jazz

I don't want to say it too loud, because the 'c' word (c-o-m-m-i-t-m-e-n-t) scares me,
but I plan on keeping a ridiculously strict month by month list of what I want to accomplish this year.
Discipline ~ another scary word. Lack of..is my problem.

Why am I speaking like Yoda? Hmm..maybe I should consider some English classes as well.

Mind over Matter has some very interesting things to say about disciplining and bringing about changes in yourself. I especially liked tip #5...

“Change what you are doing with your body to change the reaction of your mind. When your mental state is inappropriate, then scan your body. Notice what you are doing with your body. If there is tension, relax that area. If your posture is bad, straighten up. Also notice your breathing. Take regular deep breaths and you can literally change your state. As an exercise, try imitating people’s walking. Notice what it feels like to walk in another person’s shoes. This will convince you how important it is to change what you do with your body to change your mental states.”

Isn't that interesting?




"Named your fear must be before banish it you can." ~Yoda

Comments

moonandhare said…
Nice post! My dilemma is always whether to re-make the same goals that I didn't live up to last year, or set some new ones not to live up to :D

Happy New Year, Sweetwater!
Mara said…
Nice!
Happy New Year!
Yoda has a lot of words of wisdom that we can apply in our lives. :)
Deb said…
I like those thoughts Deb!
I suck at resolutions - so this year I'm going to call them something else. Perhaps 'dreams' as it sounds somehow less austere & can also encompass goals, & those other scary c&d words.
I shall also attempt to remember my favourite Yoda quote
"Do, or do not. There is no try"
Carol said…
This is a most interesting and I think, useful post. I'll try to put it into action but I'm not much good at discipline. I agree completely with Yoda - I do put that into practice all the time. I hope your new year will be wonderful, with happiness, good health, love and great creativity.
Deborah Lambson said…
Happy new year to all of you and thanks so much for taking the time to drop in and comment. LOVE that! ♥
What a great yoda quote Deb..
Carol said…
What an inspiring post! If you just have discipline (which I need myself) ALL your resolutions can come true! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!