Slide presentation of some Flame worked glass beads..



Each bead has been created in the flame with a pencil thin rod of glass and further decorated with any one of several techniques. One of my favorite is shards...the shards are prepared in advance of the base bead, on a hollow mandrel. A small wind of glass is applied to the end of the mandrel and carefully sealed up in a sort of beehive of glass. Small breaths of air are blown into the opposite end until you've blown a wonderful bubble of glass on the end. This bubble is then broken..producing the shards, which are then applied in the flame to a base bead. Great fun.. I know, I've talked about this before haven't I? and still no pix. What sort of a blogger am I?! The next youtube should be the shards...I'll think about that.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!