Creative Flotsam..



Lately I've been busy trying to teach myself some metalworking skills and slowly but surely my studio is beginning to suffer. Glass and glass paraphernalia is merging and converging with metal and my newly found metalworking tools.
I need more roommm...arrghh!
Just to give you some idea of my puny efforts in the past..note the plastic drawers, small cupboard and lovely wire shelving... I snapped this photo for you to critique. Oddly, except for that unfortunate mishmash of glass on my workspace it seems to be semi-organized. Not so~ I'm sure I've whined about my lack of organizational skills several times here on my blog already. Every once in a while out of utter desperation, I'll google up some help and for a few brief shining moments I'll manage to have a picture perfect studio.
Any simple ideas from you more organized souls out there on how to establish a flow in your workspace?
Please, please share them! I've got some pegboard upstairs in the kitchen, hopeful and pensive, waiting to be attached to the wall down here. That may be just the thing I need...
I'll let you know how the overhaul goes! Any ideas that you may have would be superb!
Meanwhile, take a gander at this glass that came out of my kiln this morning. They're dancing on the Bay as we speak...enjoy your week!

Comments

moonandhare said…
I know how you feel--as you saw from my recent blog post, I have the same problem! I guess creativity and messiness just go together :)

Good luck with imposing order on your studio...
Deborah Lambson said…
Yes! you're right, it does go together and I don't mind a certain amount of untidiness, actually I must like it. but a deep clean was in order and I finished this evening. I can't wait to go work in my newly arranged studio in the morning! thanks for dropping in~:)
Mytutorlist.com said…
Your work space looks quite neat and organized to me. It's good that you have a separate work space. Everything I do happens in my bedroom - a tiny space that used to be a storage room. Computer stuff, art supplies, flowers, clothing, bed, desk, etc all crammed into one tiny room. So I won't be much help in establishing a flow in my workspace. :P

Your new glass beads are quite lovely. Do you prefer selling on Etsy or on Ebay?

I'm excited to see your new metalworking.
Deborah Lambson said…
I know, it was a trick of the camera somehow..you couldn't see the shmoz, but its so much nicer now. Yes, I'm very lucky to have my own room...it occured to me that this is the first time in my life that I've had an entire room to myself. It is bliss..
Thanks for the nice words Victoria ♥ and I prefer ebay just because a sale will or won't be made on the day that you decide, and there is the excitement of the auction format.

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!