Omnium-gatherum...(it just rolls off of your tongue, doesn't it?)
n : a miscellaneous collection (as of things or persons)..eclectic gathering of artistic endevours.

I just like the feel of the word. If it were tangible I would roll it around in my hand all day..Omnium-gatherum-m-m...


I believe I have an omnium-gatherum happening.


I have a suitcase ~a fabulous one too I might add..it rolls and spins cleanly in any direction, the outershell is hard and you can snug everything in tightly with elastic belts and best of all; every bit of my omnium-gatherum fits neatly and precisely within its confines..Love that.

This beloved suitcase travels with me chock full of beads and tools, leather bits, fabric and silk threads. Finished pieces of jewelry, unfinished pieces of jewelry, drawings of jewelry yet to be born. Magazines with pictures that instruct and inspire, you know the ones..artists and their work, artists and their studios...(ahhh, that's a whole other day dream that one.)


I would be lost without my superb little grey case that spins obediently in any direction, brimming with my crafting treasures.


My sweet omnium-gatherum.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love it! This will be my word of the day. And since your packing, I imagine you off on a trip...have a safe one.
What a great word! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I am jealous that you went to Boston. I lived there for many years before coming to Victoria. Hope you have a wonderful trip and may you continue to be blessed with such a wonderful talent.
Deborah Lambson said…
Thank you Leslie! yes Bostonians are lucky people. We're kicking around thoughts of returning when we're ready to put some roots down. My husbands job has made us gypsies right now..
Thanks so much for popping in~:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!