Jewelry trends for 2011

I am personally loving where the jewelry trends are headed for Spring 2011. Wired News gives us all the skinny in bullet form for those designers in left brain mode :

-Massive, Dramatic and Heavy Metals
- Antique, Vintage, Retro & New Combinations
- Dramatic, unique, unusual necklaces
- Ornamented & Bold Bracelets
- Eclectic Natural Look
- Crystal, Rhinestone & Venetian Art Glass
- Black, Grey and Neutrals
- 2010-2011 Color Predictions
- Faux & Real Pearls
- Over-The-Top Rings
- Enormous Hoops and Chandelier Earrings
-Green Eco Aware Movement

and for the more visually inclined I scoured the web for some pics to tantalize and inspire.

Enjoy!












and let's not leave out the men~





I think Susan of Hot Rocks might take on that one.. ;-0 what do you think, Susan??



Resources:




Comments

Hot Rocks said…
Ha ha....not sure if I want to tackle making a manklace!! Don't think there are many guys out here in the wild west who would wear one of those! Loved looking at the fashion photos, and reading about the trends for Spring, it sounds like another fun season for accessories.
Deborah Lambson said…
:-D yeah..trying to picture that on any of the men I know...hmmmmm.
Duni said…
More is more, I guess.
I can't imagine any of the guys I know to wear that type of necklace either :)

p.s. it's good to see you back to regular blogging!
Deborah Lambson said…
thanks Duni! :-) you're sweet~
Abbey said…
I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on the jewelry described above. The bigger the better! :) One of my favorite companies, Dirty Pretty Things, has a ton of jewelry that fits those descriptions to a tee. Check them out at www.dptjewelry.com.
Deborah Lambson said…
yep..you're right! thanks Abbey~

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!