This time last year I was..

...using nature to inspire my Muse

[this was originally posted last year at this time while we were in Boston]

I know I've whined about this before, but I am mentioning it just once more...I am without my precious torch and glass. So. in the quest for more dynamic creative outlets I have found I am enjoying photography.


The tools are few and simple. A camera. Photo software. An eye that sees light and dark spaces. An eye willing to see and ruthlessly crop the unnecessary.

A fitting metaphor for life wouldn't you say?


I find I like simple scenes with few distractions. I like to photograph the views that might be missed by busy minds... a literal, tangible 'ohm' ..so to speak~


And in some odd serendipitous way, it seems any creative expression folds back upon itself and feeds all of your muses...

In other words, I see ideas for jewelry in each of these photographs.



Enjoy your muses today everyone.. go make something ~

--All of the above photographs were taken by me in the Boston area--


Comments

Terrell said…
Beautiful pictures!!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of you delightful blog! I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to show off your sweet creations every Friday at my party - Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~
I am so glad you found me! Yeah! A new friend to follow. I love your blog and your beads. Looking forward to seeing more.
Deborah Lambson said…
Thank you ladies..♥ I will be there Terrell! :-)
Jo Potter said…
Hi Deborah,
Good to see you at my place! :-)
Your glass work is wonderful and these nature photos are lovely.
Autumn is the best time of year for colour.
Happy Halloween!
Jo.
No fun being without a torch, but I think you are a wonderful photographer! It looks to me like photography is doing more than just filling the void for now.

P.S. "Tangible ohm" is the perfect phrase to describe these elegantly pared down scenes, Deborah! I love the expression, and I love the zen-like, meditative quality your eye is finding in everyday scenes!
Anonymous said…
I'm so very fond of those beautiful beads you created. They're magnificent!
Anonymous said…
p.s. your photography isn't too shabby either, WOW, you may have a second in line hit as well. Your pictures capture an amazing insight. Beautifully captured nature in its amazing work of art for sure!
I am so glad you found me! Yeah! A new friend to follow. I love your blog and your beads. Looking forward to seeing more.

Popular posts from this blog

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!