There's something wonderfully freeing in the ability to allow yourself imperfections. 

I'm not talking about churning out substandard work, or not striving for better.. but there's something incredibly liberating to understanding that perfection exists only in a perfect world and letting go of a standard that is unachievable.

Introducing you to some glass artists that DO live in that Perfect World.





and ohmygosh..JC Herrell


To my eye, these glass bead artists are very nearly 'perfect'! I've been making glass beads for over a decade now..I'm trying to accept my limitations. I deal with a small tremor and even with assists I will never come close to the control that would be needed in the flame for these amazing glass beads. I have to be okay with that. 

My imperfect beads made by imperfect me will never be quite as precise, or Perfect. My beads are not stars on their own..they need supporting stones. They need to be paired with other beauties from the earth..Turquoise, Agate, the colorful sheen of Spiney oyster and the metals..copper, sterling silver, warm Brass.. in order to really shine. That's when they are the happiest.

Artisan made necklace 'Desert Flower'

  
Artisan made bracelet 'Trajectories'


Human nature being what it is, I wonder if those amazing glass artists up there see a flaw in their work and are still working toward better?!

Not even the Greats escape that struggle to replicate perfectly the image in the mind, whatever that may be. 
I  think it was the master artist Michaelangle who, when asked the question, 'Which of your great works is your favorite?' replied, The next.'  





Enjoy your week people..make something imperfect! 


SaveSave

Comments

essay writing said…
Yes, those things are really impossible. I think that this is one of the most interesting things her. I am talking of the various totally ideal art product.
a good hand maid, it's a little worth working on the technique, and it's quite worthy, you can participate in fairs

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!