You can't get blood from a stone..

..but apparently you can get paper. It's called TerraSkin and it handles a little like Yupo paper but with more capacity for absorption. Of course, if there's paper out there that was once stone I need it. I ordered some from Amazon [what can't you find on Amazon, by the way] Im assuming there isn't any here in Qatar, but that's a lame assumption and founded on laziness. Its just so much easier to hit that one-click shopping link over there on Amazon.

I had so much fun playing on Yupo paper today. For those who might be wondering, Yupo is not  paper at all, but a plastic material. Many watercolorists find it fun to experiment on a medium that repels the water rather than absorbing it as traditional watercolor paper that is 100% rag will. 
With thick applications of watercolor paint .. only very small amounts of water and using only the primaries..cobalt blue, vermillion and ~I think it was hansa yellow..a cool yellow, I did a super quick, instinctive..'you're a flower' sort of painting. Lots of fun! and definitely something to keep trying to improve upon. This is 9x12" but what fun this would be a large sheet.



Back to glass tomorrow! since I promised someone I would work in blues this week.

While I really really really!..really. do not enjoy custom work, and [shudder]don't do it..I've found I can handle it in the smallest of requests like that..Give me a color and let me do with it what I will.  That's fun. :-) :-)


We'll see what comes of it..enjoy your day today everyone!


Comments

Angela Fehr said…
I hate custom requests too! I always just want to go my own way. And this is the 2nd time I've heard of stone paper, and both mentions were this morning. So now I will have to do some shopping too. I like the idea of it being a little more absorbent than YUPO.
Deborah Lambson said…
Yes! But I remember trying Yupo years ago and my paint stayed sticky forever..not so this time. In reading, I find I must've been using a brand of paints that have honey as one of the ingredients! Ah ha! That would be the reason.. Lol. Can't remember what brand it is now.. Maybe M Graham. Thanks for stopping by Angela! Order the terraskin! :)
Linda Robinson said…
Beautiful art. More shopping coming up for me, too!
Deborah Lambson said…
Thanks Linda..let me know when you try it out!

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!