Creating an organic glass Bead

I have a love for organic works of art..movement, line and color that mimic nature















or are earth inspired...










A push or subtle exaggeration of textures, color and movement
..all of those elements play a role in organics.






Sometimes it's simply a matter of getting out of the way...

Provide the right atomosphere..

The correct ratio of oxygen to fuel, that perfect combination of glasses and metals,
the right temperature in your kiln for that particular glass..

don't forget to check the alignment of the stars ~

and then get out of the way..stop pushing and pulling with the form.

Listen and see.

..allow the glass to be the star.

Gravity, the glass itself, temperature and serendipity

...all combine to create an 'organic' piece of art~






Comments

Cheryl K Roe said…
OMG those beads are gorgeous.
Melanie-Pearl said…
what she said.

seriously. if only i could afford to buy all of them. some day.

these are amazing. even more amazing to see the inspiration. just so totally cool.

i still have my bead from you---and i just hold it and look at the swirls.
Deborah Lambson said…
thank you, both of you ~..very sweet <3
Unknown said…
OMG IS RIGHT!!! they are BREATH TAKING! :D :D <3 <3 <3
Truly a piece of art in and of itself! I hope to be able to do a quarter this beautiful of beads!
Deborah Lambson said…
That's such a lovely comment @lakessuperiorwaves..thank you very much. I gather you're a glass worker yourself. The passion carryies you on until one day when you think it, you have the skill to do it. I'm not there yet. lol But the joy is in the journey, right? good luck with the glass! and thanks for stopping in.
I'm just starting so I have a very long way to go. But I want to be able to create organic beads. That's my goal and seeing these beauties really inspires me to keep at it!
Deborah Lambson said…
@lakesuperiorwaves Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I think there are some ingredients that make Organics easier..Im sure you've discovered 'Frit' but the metals also are very unpredictable and will provide some fun surprises. Ivory stringer can be the impetus for many really wonderful organic style beads..
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126157
Keep experimenting! thats the fun part 😃

@Lakesuperiorwaves said…
I’m wanting to experiment with copper dust I’ve collected from filing etc from the metal jewelry I create. I am so loving dk ivory as well as some others. Much more time needed at the torch! Thank you for the inspiration! I am following up on the link! I’m hungry for anything that I can learn from.
Deborah Lambson said…
Good luck on your artistic journey! Passion and curiosity is where it all starts..share your links to your experiments @lakesuperiorwaves I'd love to see. :-) ~Deborah

Popular posts from this blog

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!