One of the reasons I love Glass..


This set began with a rod of Moretti glass called EDP..a glorious dense pink-y purple that needs special working in the flame in order to achieve that color...along with a selection of powdered glasses and a wad of pure copper leaf. (Please excuse my love of run on sentences. I've tried to stop using them but they just creep back in every so often..feel free to stop and take a breath whenever you feel the need.) The result is riotous colors ..a tsunami of greens and aquas and pinks that weren't there before. These are simple beads, rounds ~nothing special and most beginners start here...but this set is precisely the reason I love glass. Set of 6 encased (to magnify and hi-light the colors beneath) rounds available now on EBay.
'Perfect Storm'

Comments

Mytutorlist.com said…
They're beautiful! I love the swirling of the colours.

Ah, I love glass too!
Those are pretty. I love the rainbow effects. Reminds me of how much I love mother of pearl! :)
Contrariwise said…
Just beautiful. Eye Candy describes them perfectly.
Anonymous said…
These beads are absolutely beautiful. What a gift your creativity is and how wonderful that you are doing what you love!
Anonymous said…
they really are beautiful, I wouldn't have guessed they were simple to make!
Deborah, you have such an elegant hand with glass! No matter whether you do rounds or more detailed focals, you always let the glory of the glass itself shine through...and that may sound easy to do,but it isn't. It takes an incredible eye for design to accomplish. Those are beautiful!
Deborah Lambson said…
Thank you for the lovely comments everyone..such nice perks to having a blog. :-)
Mod and Mint said…
They look gorgeous! I really love how those glass beads look. Very pretty!
Anonymous said…
Those are beautiful! Great job!
Anonymous said…
Those are absolutely beautiful! Wonderful craftsmanship.
Janice said…
You've been tagged!! Come see and play along if you'd like:
http://doxallodesigns.blogspot.com/2008/12/dang-i-must-be-slow.html

Janice
Waterrose said…
Your glass beads are absolutely beautiful! Thank goodness I don't make things with beads...or I would be in debt.
Deborah Lambson said…
Wheres the blushing symbol? thank you for all the lovely comments..♥♥

Popular posts from this blog

Creating an organic glass Bead

Potomac bead box!

Lampwork earring Giveaway!!